We, at École Arthur Meighen School, believe
• Our primary role is to educate in partnership with staff, students, family and community.
• In respect for each other, self and the environment.
• Communication is essential.
• That children should develop respect for learning (work ethics/value of education).
• Students need learning opportunities to achieve goals in life.
• Learning occurs best when students are actively involved and enjoy what they are doing.
• Learning is a life long process that includes all facets of an individual’s growth and is not
necessarily just school based.
• Learning should take place in a safe environment (physical, social and emotional).
• Learning is a co-operative effort involving school, family and community.
• Learning is facilitated when subject matter is presented in many different ways.
• Teaching should be at the students’ level.
• Teaching should be a shared process.
• Teaching facilitates the learning process.
• Teaching should take place in a safe environment (physical, social and emotional).
• Teaching involves skill and flexibility.
STATEMENTS OF PURPOSE, MISSION AND VALUES
The PURPOSE of The Portage la Prairie School Division is:
To provide, or make provision for, appropriate schooling opportunities for students eligible to attend
Portage la Prairie School Division.
The MISSION of Portage la Prairie School Division is:
To recognize the individual needs and potential of our students and to provide these students with the opportunity to undertake schooling experiences that will contribute to the development of their full potential. Schooling experiences will give consideration to the future demands that will be placed upon society by our rapidly changing world.
The following VALUES have been identified as a high priority and are therefore expected to be incorporated into the decision making of the staff and students of the Portage la Prairie School Division:
News and Events
Proposed Educational Partnership
between the Long Plain First Nation and the Portage la Prairie School Division
Read more in our archive »