Parent Council Meeting MinutesMeeting: November 20, 2018
Time: 6:30 pm
Present: Todd, Jen, Jocelyn, Shannon, Denise, Candace, Paula, Kim
- Two new staff joined school in September. Mr. Pynn, a new part time teacher & Ms. Baldwin, who is filling in for a teacher on maternity leave till December.
- OVS is having a new internet fiber optics installed in late December or January. Will significantly improve the school’s internet speed.
- Swing set on the Gr 5 – 8 side of school has been a big success.
- Arts Smarts for Grade 5 – 8; Bretton Salent from Boss Dance Academy is teaching them dances for Christmas Concert. Grades K – 4 (Building Wooden Butterflies in the Spring ).
- Positive messages were placed on walls in washrooms and around the school.
- Have had some new families join the school in the fall and a few more families to come in January.
- School hoping to give out 3 hampers to Oakville families at Christmastime.
- The Book Fair raised over $3600.
- Teacher’s enjoyed the snacks/supper from the Parent Teacher Week.
- Recent fundraisers were successful. Show and Save Coupon Book fundraiser in September raised $607.00 and the New Bothwell Cheese Fundraiser raised over $800.00. Some new ideas for future fundraisers for the winter/spring were discussed.
- Parent Council was asked to submit a letter in support of the rink/daycare project.
- Milk program start date is December 4, 2018.
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation went well in November. The next appreciation week is March 11 – 15, 2019.
- Discussed the annual Santa Parade and the possibility of Parent/Student council entering a float in it.
- Reviewed the idea of adding a roof onto the picnic shelter. Considered ideas of how to fund it/the best way to have it built.
- Reviewed list of current council members and which spots need to be filled.