2017-SUPOPS SUPERVISOR OF OPERATIONS
Apply by: 17 Oct 2017
Start Date: TBD
Term of Employment: PERMANENT
Salary: As Per Collective Agreement
Application Deadline: 3:00 P.M., TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2017
1. Demonstrated aptitude and ability for assigned responsibilities
2. Grade twelve academic standing or equilivent
3. Class 2 Driver's license
4. Physically and medically able to perform assigned responsibilities
5. A minimum of five years of related successful management or supervisory experience
6. Journeyman ticket is considered an asset
REPORTS TO: Superintendent/Secretary-Treasurer
SUPERVISES: Staff of the Operations Department
Under the direction of the Superintendent/Secretary-Treasurer, the Supervisor of Operations is responsible
for the organization and supervision of:
* student transportation services
* building and grounds maintenence and cleanliness
* mechanical systems
* capital projects
* student and staff safety
* security of facilities and vehicles
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Administers the personnel responsibilities of the Operations Department.
2. Recommends to the Superintendent/Secretary-Treasurer the hiring, dismissal or transfer of Operations Staff.
3. Administers the annual budget of the Operations Department.
4. Administers the day-to-day work of the Operations Department.
5. Manages emergency situations and repair problems that may occur during working hours and after hours,
including weekends and holidays.
6. Recommends to the Superintendent/Secretary-Treasurer policy changes, procedures, staffing alternatives
and bus route modifications considered advantageous to the overall operation of the division.
7. Keeps abreast of changes and developments associated with the Operations Department through attendance
at seminars, courses and conferences as may be appropriate and in accordance with policy file CEAA.
8. Communicates regularly with school principals regarding school needs and Operations Department expectations.
9. Promotes a positive image for the Operations Department and the School Division through participation
in the public relations activities of the Division.
10. Respects the confidentiality of the information available to the supervisor.
11. Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will evaluated according to division policy.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For more information and to apply, go to Portage la Prairie School Division
website and find the online link under CAREER OPPORTUNITIES.