The Portage la Prairie School Division (PLPSD) is committed to helping students and families feel included and welcome in all of our schools. We strive to create an inclusive and open environment, where all individuals can feel safe and supported. In PLPSD, all students and families are welcome, no matter their gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, family structure, etc.
A local movement in Portage la Prairie geared toward openly celebrating individuality, diversity, and community; standing up for human rights; and providing a safe, accepting environment for all people to be themselves.
Pride Portage Committee:
- Will Garrioch, chair;
- Callie Macarthur, member;
- Becky Rud, member;
- Kristen Trimble, member;
- Josh Wright, member/public relations
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.facebook.com/prideportage
May 15th, 2019, will be proclaimed as Rainbow day.
PCI QSA celebrates diversity within the school setting. Our hope is to offer a safe place for students to come no matter what their sexual orientation. QSA meets Fridays from 12:30-1:00 in room 165. During meetings we discuss opportunities to socialize, educate as well a celebrate our diversity within the school setting. Each year we hold a Rainbow Walk during our Rainbow week. This year we will be having a celebration as Portage la Prairie proclaims May 15, 2019 as Rainbow Day with a proclamation.
During our Rainbow week, we have activities during school as well as after school. In the past this has included garden pot decorating, dance & pizza party, as well as information booths during lunch hour.
The 2018-2019 school year will see; 2 movie nights, Rainbow Week celebrations as well as lunch and learn sessions by community member as well as the Rainbow Resource Center of Winnipeg.
Please contact us at (204) 857-6843 ext 1124 or email@example.com.
- Support Contacts
- Websites For Parents Educators And Youth
- Additional National And Provincial Resources
- Trans And Gender Diverse Support Services
- The Ultimate List of Helpful and Supportive Resources for LGBTQ Students
- Librarians Recommend 10 Books that Deal with Gender Identity or Sexuality
- https://teacherbees.ca/tag/lgbtq/. Books that have LGBTQ characters or that challenge traditional gender roles
- Being An Effective Trans Ally
- Genderbread Person
- Making Schools Safer